Sunday, June 20, 2010

Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

i read that girls with long hair are considered too sexy for a business setting and should consider cutting it to shoulder length to be taken seriously... SO dumb...i can't believe that someone was actually published who wrote that.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

I am on the same page as you are. That is a rather stupid statement. Sexy is usually based on how a person carry themselves or appear in clothing. Long hair and short hair can make a powerful statement in the business world. I believe as long as you look professionally in your wardrobe and your hairdo matches, you are making a statement in the place. You can also allow your hair to match your personality.



I have short hair that is cut in a bob but, I can curl, straighten it, flip it or spike it. My hair will still look professional. Long hair has more variety. Any hairdo is professionally. The outfit is what determines your professionally appearance not your hair.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

Why not just get a flat-top? Then everyone will take you seriously. They will be scared that you'll flatten them.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

Somehow that is true. There is no valid reason why that should be but personally, I find short-haired women more intimidating. Why? I don't know either.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

I think a person with long hair needs to find a style they can wear their hair up during working hours for several reasons. First it looks more professional; second, it is much more safe if they are working around food or equipment; and third I hate to see people flipping their hair around because it won't stay out of their way. Looking professional does not necessarily mean cutting your hair, but the key is looking professional.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

I do not think so, I think you are right. Now mind you the hair should not be down to the small of your back or your butt. I think it is fine if a girl has long hair just below her shoulders but not to much longer. The main thing is that it looks nice and is professional looking and that she take care of it.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

that is dumb. i don't think looks matter with business stuff.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

Hair should have nothing to do with it. I absolutely refuse to change my appearance for any job. It's stupid. Unless it's something you decide to do yourself, no business has the right to even ask you to. Even in food sevice, they can only require you to wear your up, they can not require that you cut it, or anything else for that matter.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

Completely untrue. However, it should be up if extraordinarily long. If you look neat, and have a professional demeanor and clothing, hair is not an issue unless highly unusual.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

not so much sexy, as unprofessional. if you're always flipping it around or twiddling with it, or it hangs in your face, it just looks so juvenile. but if you catch it back with a simple band or have it pulled away from your face in some nice simple style, it shouldn't be considered a problem.



usually people with very long hair are always messing about with it...and that's annoying in a business setting...



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

The long hair rule is "out" pretty much the same window that women over a certain age must wear their hair short! As a girl with long hair who has worked in business, it is all about a clean, polished and professional appearance. Keep it trimmed and styled. I will say that some girls, my best friend being one of them, look almost adolescent with long hair although her hair is gorgeous and naturally shiny (life is just not fair) and so she looks far more sophisticated and according to her she finds that she is taken more seriously with shorter hair.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

I have long hair. Everyone on here says that people with long hair mess with it too much, but I don't, or at least I don't think I do...



Whenever I'm in a business setting, I have my hair up. It just seems to get into my way whenever I'm trying to do stuff. If it's down and flying everywhere, I do mess with it. I try to control it.



I don't think it has anything to do with sexy, but having your hair shorter does look more professional if you're wearing it down.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

They said long hair are too sexy for school in Taiwan, girls have to cut it about their ears, so it resembles half of a watermelon, that's even dumber.



Is long hair too "sexy" for business?

I bet you any money that was said/written by a guy! I have short hair and I actually envy girls with longer hair because it's so versatile! You can wear it up so it looks more professional and down or in plaits. There are much fewer options with short hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
iis web server